Review Cuisinart DCC-2600 Brew Central 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker with Glass Carafe
With its sleek, modern look and user-friendly control panel, this extra-large-capacity coffeemaker brews up to 14 cups (5 ounces each) of fresh and flavorful coffee at a time. The fully automatic unit can be programmed up to 24 hours in advance for “wake up” coffee or to have a pot ready and waiting to serve with dessert–no need to get up from the table half way through dinner. For those eager to start their day, the machine’s brew-pause function allows for pouring a quick cup midbrew–simply remove the carafe to pause the flow of coffee and replace it to continue the brewing cycle. Speaking of, the included glass carafe offers measuring marks up the side, an ergonomic stay-cool handle with a knuckle guard and a strip of stainless-steel accenting, and a drip-free spout for graceful pouring. The coffeemaker also provides an easy-view water-level window; a 1- to 4-cup setting; regular and bold flavor-strength settings; built-in 60-second memory in case the power goes out; an adjustable heater plate with high, medium, and low temperature settings; a self-clean function; and 0- to 4-hour automatic shut-off for safety and peace of mind. A permanent Gold Tone filter that eliminates messy paper filters, a charcoal water filter for improved flavor, and a handy instruction book come included. The coffeemaker measures approximately 11 by 9-3/5 by 16-1/5 inches and carries a three-year limited warranty.
From the Manufacturer
The Cuisinart DCC-2600 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The Quest for a Perfect Cup of Coffee
It is generally agreed that there are four basic elements critical to the perfect cup:
Element 1. Water:
Coffee is 98% water. Often overlooked, the quality of the water is as important as the quality of the coffee. A good rule of thumb is that if your water doesn’t taste good from the tap, it won’t taste any better in your coffee. That’s why Cuisinart has added a water filter to the 14-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker. The charcoal water filter removes chlorine, bad tastes and odors, for the purest cup of coffee every time.
Element 2. Coffee:
While the bulk of the liquid is water, all of the flavor should be from the coffee. To achieve the same great quality of coffee you receive at a coffee bar, you need to use the same quality beans. Buy the beans fresh and whole, only about a two weeks’ supply at a time for maximum freshness. Once the coffee bean is broken, its flavor degrades very quickly. If it is not practical to buy small supplies, we recommend you separate larger amounts of beans into one to two week portions immediately after purchase, and freeze them in airtight containers. The best way to maximize freshness is to minimize exposure to air, light and moisture. So, once removed from the freezer, beans should be maintained in a sealed container at room temperature, since damaging condensation occurs every time the beans are removed from the freezer or refrigerator. Note that some coffee experts advise against freezing dark-roast beans, because freezing can cause the oils to coagulate. Other experts disagree. We suggest you experiment and decide yourself.
Element 3. Grind:
The grind of the coffee is critical for proper flavor extraction. If the grind is too fine, over extraction and bitterness will result. Too fine a grind may also clog the filter. If the grind is too coarse, the water will pass through too quickly and the desired flavors will not be extracted. A medium-fine grind is recommended.
Element 4. Proportion:
Coffee that is too strong or too weak is always a disappointment. Add 1 level scoop of ground coffee per cup and adjust the amount according to taste. Note: the maximum capacity for ground coffee is 17 tablespoons for the 12-cup coffeemaker. Exceeding this amount may cause overflow if the coffee is too finely ground.
Features and Benefits
- Reservoir Cover: Flips back for easy filling.
- Water Reservoir with Water Level Indicator Window: Open the reservoir cover by lifting it up. Pour in the desired amount of water using the water level indicator located at the side of the coffeemaker window.
- Showerhead: Distributes water evenly over coffee, reducing temperature loss as water passes through grounds.
- Charcoal Water Filter: Charcoal water filter eliminates chlorine, calcium and bad tastes or odors from tap water. Cuisinart recommends changing the water filter every 60 days or 60 uses – or more often if you have hard water.
- Filter Basket: Holds a #4 paper filter or a permanent filter.
- Control Panel:
- On/Off Button, Clock display, Hour and Minute Buttons.
- Strength Selector: Regular and Bold buttons let you choose the intensity of coffee flavor you prefer.
- Carafe Temperature Knob: For controlling the temperature of the coffee after brewing. There are three temperature settings high, medium and low.
- 1- to 4-Cup Setting: The 1- to 4-cup setting button is used when you make small amounts of coffee. Normal coffeemakers will produce a colder batch of coffee when smaller amounts are made, because the heater doesn’t have enough time to properly ‘warm up’ to heat a small amount. The 1- to 4-cup setting basically ‘double heats’ the water, making your smaller amounts as piping hot as a full pot would be. To use simply press the 1- to 4-cup button on the control panel after turning on the unit.
- Self-Clean Setting: Tells you when it’s time to clean your coffeemaker. Remove built-up calcification from the water reservoir, to help extend the life of your coffeemaker.
- Function Knob: Includes Program, Auto On, Auto Off, Brew, Clock and Audible Tone: Coffeemaker can be programmable to automatically start brewing up to 24 hours in advance and can be programmed to shut off up to 4 hours after brewing. The Audible Tone signals the end of the brew cycle with five beeps (coffee will continue to stream from the filter for a few seconds after the tone).
- Brew Pause: Stops flow of coffee from basket when carafe is removed (30 seconds max) from the heater plate, so a cup can be poured in mid-brew. Since the flavor extraction rate varies during the brew cycle, we recommend allowing the brewing cycle to finish before pouring the coffee. The coffee brewed at the beginning of the cycle has a flavor profile which is very different from the flavor at the end of the cycle. Once the coffee has finished brewing, stir it before serving to blend the flavors. The coffee at the bottom of the carafe will be somewhat stronger than the coffee at the top.
- Carafe: The easy pour, no drip 14-cup glass carafe has an ergonomic handle and brewed coffee markings for two to fourteen cups.
- Adjustable Heater Plate: Allows you to keep brewed coffee at desired temperature. Scratch resistant with black, nonstick coating.
- Cord Storage
- Power Loss Backup System: One minute protection in case a breaker trips, the unit is unplugged, or the power fails. It holds all programmed information, including time of day, auto on time and auto off time.
- Measuring Scoop
- 14-cup (5 ounces each) programmable coffeemaker with glass carafe
- Brew-pause function; 1- to 4-cup setting; regular and bold flavor-strength settings
- Heater plate with adjustable temperature; 0- to 4-hour automatic shut-off
- Permanent Gold Tone filter, charcoal water filter, and instruction book included
- Measures approximately 11 by 9-3/5 by 16-1/5 inches; 3-year limited warranty
Best Coffee Machines
- The Classic Keurig K-Cup Single Serve Coffee Maker includes 4 K-Cup pods, a water filter handle and 2 water filters to help your beverages taste their best.
- BREWS MULTIPLE K-CUP POD SIZES: (6, 8, 10 oz.) - the most popular K-Cup pod brew sizes. Use the 6oz brew size to achieve the strongest brew.
- LARGE 48 oz. WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 6+ cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to.
- DESCALING: An important part of cleaning your Keurig brewer. This process helps to remove calcium deposits, or scale, that can build up inside a coffee maker over time. Please refer to our descaling video for step by step instructions.
- AUTO-OFF: An auto-off feature is easily programmed to turn off your coffee maker after it has been idle for two hours, helping to save energy.
- Semi-automatic 3-in-1 espresso maker, cappuccino maker, and latte maker
- 15-bar pump system brews rich-tasting espresso coffee
- Trouble-free automatic milk frother removes the guesswork
- One-touch control panel for drink selections
- Easy-fill, removable water and milk reservoirs
- 15 Bar Italian Pump and 1600W Thermo coil heating system
- Purge Function: Automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
- Stainless steel conical burr grinder with 1/2 lb. sealed bean hopper; Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts
- 67 fl.oz (2L) removable water tank with handle
- Newer model of the Breville BES860XL Barista Express
- Note: Travel mug not-included. Dimensions (inches): 13.9 H x 12.23 W x 11.08 D
- Two ways to brew your coffee, single serve or full pot.
- 12 cup glass carafe included or brew into a travel or regular sized mug using single serve function.
- Single serve side works only with loose ground coffee or disk-shaped soft pods (not compatible with K-CUP packs*, capsules or other single-serve packs). *K-CUP is a registered trademark of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. Use of the K-CUP trademark does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- 950 Watts . Brew strength function for bold or regular coffee and fully programmable with auto shutoff.
- Choose a Size: Select one of six sizes, ranging from a single cup to a travel mug to a full carafe
- Choose a Brew: Dial up the flavor richness level by choosing a brew type: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Specialty, or our exclusive Cafe Forte
- Pod-Free Single Serve: Offers unlimited variety-use any brand of coffee, and personalize flavor by customizing the taste to your liking. Reveal your coffee's full potential with fresh taste and aroma
- Glass Carafe and Intelligent Warming Plate: Use the 10-cup (50 oz.) Glass Carafe to make enough coffee for additional servings. The Intelligent Warming Plate keeps your coffee at the ideal drinking temperature with a 2-hour auto-shutoff feature
- Thermal Flavor Extraction Technology: Patent-pending Ninja technology blends precision water delivery with automated controls for calibrated temperature, pre-infusion, coffee saturation, and flavor richness
- COFFEE, LATTES & CAPPUCCINOS: Use any K-Cup pod to brew coffee, or make delicious lattes and cappuccinos.
- COFFEE SHOT FOR SPECIALTY DRINKS: Press the SHOT button to brew a concentrated shot of coffee from your favorite K-Cup pod to make delicious hot or iced lattes and cappuccinos.30.0 inches Cord Length
- DISHWASHER SAFE FROTHER: Froth fresh milk, including skim, soy, and almond. The frother is dishwasher safe for easy clean up after use.
- STRONG BREW: Increase the strength and bold taste of your coffee.16.7 inches H (with handle open)6.2 H inches mug clearance with drip tray (fits a 7.2 inches travel mug with drip tray removed)
- 4 CUP SIZES: 6, 8, 10, and 12oz.
- State-Of-The-Art technology to ensure hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality. Dimensions (LXWXH) : 7.75 x 9.00 x 14.00 inches
- Brew strength control allows you to select regular or bold coffee flavor
- Fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1-4 cup setting and auto shutoff (0-4 hours)
- Adjustable keep warm temperature control. Adjusts warming plate temperature to low, medium or high to keep freshly brewed coffee at the temperature you prefer
- Gold tone, commercial style permanent filter
- 15 bar espresso machine with a front loading coffee maker
- Removable 40 oz. water reservoir for easy filling
- 24 hour programmable timer
- Gold tone filter included
- Rated voltage/Frequency (V~Hz):115 V / 60Hz
- LARGE 80oz WATER RESERVOIR: Allows you to brew 10+ cups more before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. The water reservoir is removable, making it easy to refill whenever you need to, and on the K575, you can choose from several different nightlight colors to illuminate your kitchen at night.
- MULTIPLE K-CUP POD BREW SIZES: (4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.). Brews a Carafe (22, 26, or 30oz) using K-Carafe pods, to give you more coffee when you need it. (Carafe sold separately)
- STRENGTH CONTROL: A strength control setting allows you to brew a bolder cup using any K-Cup pod brew size. Plus, five temperature settings allow you to enjoy your favorite beverage at your desired temperature. HOT WATER ON DEMAND: Press the hot water on demand button and select your desired brew size in order to dispense hot water.
- EXTRA-LARGE COLOR TOUCH SCREEN: A digital clock makes it easy to brew a fresh, great tasting cup in under a minute. Plus, program your brewer to turn on or off automatically at set times, so that it is ready to go when you want it, and turns off to conserve energy.
- What's in the box: a bonus 6-count K-Cup Pod variety pack, one water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their Absolute best.
- Brews multiple cup sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12oz enjoy the most popular cup sizes.
- Strong brew button: increases the strength and bold taste of your coffee's flavor.
- Iced setting: brew hot over ice at the touch of a button for full-flavored, delicious Iced Coffee.
- Hot water on Demand button: perfect for instant soups or oatmeal.
- TWO WAYS TO BREW. Brew a full pot using your favorite grounds on the carafe side, or make a cup for yourself using a Keurig* K-Cup pack or grounds on the single-serve side with this 2-in-1 coffee maker
- SINGLE-SERVE: BREW WITH K-CUP PACKS OR WITHOUT. Pack holder and single-serve grounds basket are included. Features cup rest that adjusts to fit tall mugs and doubles as storage. Pack-piercing needle removes for easy cleaning to prevent clogging
- 12-CUP CARAFE SIDE WITH PERMANENT, GOLD-TONE FILTER
- Features programmable timer, auto pause and serve and 2-hour auto shutoff
- SEPARATE WATER RESERVOIRS. Each brewer has its own water reservoir that's easy to fill and features a water window, so you always know which brewer has how much water
- Fully automatic coffeemaker with 24-hour programmability
- 12-cup carafe with ergonomic handle, dripless spout, and knuckle guard
- 1- to 4-cup setting; brew pause; self cleaning; 60-second reset
- Includes charcoal water filter, permanent gold-tone coffee filter, measuring scoop and instruction book
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.MC Quantity: 2
- 12-Cup glass carafe with BPA free and stainless steel handle
- Brew strength control - select bold for stronger Coffee flavor
- Gold-tone Coffee filter lets only pure Coffee flavor flow through
- Single-serve serving sizes: 6, 8, 10 oz
- Includes Cuisinart home Barista reusable filter cup which lets you use your own Coffee, K-Cup Pod compatible as well
- ✅ READY FOR USE IN 45 SECONDS- Just Add Beans! With the advanced Thermoblock fast heating system you can always expect precise temperature and instant steam from the EspressoWorks All-In-One Set.
- ✅ EASY VIEW REMOVABLE WATER TANK- Conveniently monitor water levels of front view transparent tank (1.25L capacity). Handle included on tank for easy removal for cleaning and refilling.
- ✅ EASY TO CLEAN- Detachable frothing device and removable drip tray to ensure hassle-free cleaning.
- ✅ 15 BAR PUMP PRESSURE SYSTEM- Enjoy great tasting Italian Espresso, Americano & Macchiato. Stainless Steel milk frothing cup included for easy preparation of Lattes and Cappuccinos.
- ✅ SINGLE SHOT OR DOUBLE SHOT- Two stainless steel portafilter baskets included for the option of pulling a single shot or a double shot during each extraction.
- K-Cup compatible brewer makes one cup at a time
- 5 beverage sizes: 4-12 oz
- Hot water button lets you enjoy instant coffee, soup, tea and hot cocoa; Rinse feature instantly cleans the inside of the brew chamber
- Material Type - Plastic. Kindly check user guide for further clarification
- Fully programmable with a full spectrum of features, including Auto On/Off and adjustable temperature control
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: A bonus 6-count K-Cup pod variety pack, one water filter handle, and one filter to help ensure your beverages taste their absolute best
- BREWS MULTIPLE K-CUP POD SIZES: (6, 8, 10, 12 oz.). Enjoy the most popular cup sizes all with quiet brew technology, minimizing noise during use
- STRONG BREW: kicks up your coffee's strength and intensity.Accommodates travel mugs up to 7.4 inches tall;Programmable auto off
- SIMPLE BUTTON CONTROLS: just insert a Pod, select your desired cup size, and brew a great-tasting cup in under a minute
- LARGE 52oz WATER RESERVOIR: allows you to brew 5 cups before having to refill, saving you time and simplifying your morning routine. Removable reservoir makes refilling easy
- Removable water reservoir for easy filling
- Just-Brewed thermal carafe holds temperature and fresh flavor
- Brews up to 20% faster (than competitive units tested) at a hotter temperature of up to 205° for richer taste
- Gold Tone permanent filter eliminates paper filter cost and waste; water filtration helps remove up to 97% of chlorine for better tasting coffee
- Delay Brew feature sets brew time ahead so you can wake up to fresh-brewed coffee; Freshness Timer keeps a tab on coffee freshness from the time it's brewed
- 24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with 12-Cup capacity
- Built-in burr grinder automatically grinds beans before brewing
- Strength selector and grind control fine-tune intensity and volume, 8-ounce bean hopper, auto shutoff and brew-pause function
- Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold-tone coffee filter ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop, instruction Book
- Review Trouble shooting manual and Product Manual for easy usage of the product. BPA Free, Dimensions : 8.27" x 11.61" x 16.34"
- Compact Personal Coffeemaker -This single-serve coffeemaker brews directly into the included travel mug; space-saving design is perfect for small kitchens, apartments, and dorm rooms
- Travel Mug Included - The 16-oz. travel mug fits snugly in most car cup holders and is dishwasher safe
- Permanent Grounds Filter -No need to buy wasteful paper filters; the mesh metal filter works with grounds or soft pods, and is easy to rinse clean
- Automatic Shutoff - The coffeemaker turns off immediately after brewing, giving you peace of mind as you head out the door
- Optimal Brewing Temperature - Water is heated to the perfect brewing temperature for ideal flavor results. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual.
- SINGLE SERVE COFFEE MAKER: The Nespresso VertuoPlus offers freshly brewed coffee with crema as well as delicious, authentic espresso. Designed for use with Nespresso Vertuo capsules only. External dimensions (l x w x h inches): 5.6 x 16.2 x 12.8
- SMART COFFEE MAKER: Brew a perfect single serve coffee or espresso cup time after time, thanks to Nespresso's Centrifusion technology using barcode reading to deliver the optimal in-cup results for each blend
- FEATURES: The VertuoPlus has a motorized head and moveable 40 oz. water tank. The water tank can swivel out or stay behind the machine based on the configuration of your counter space
- BARISTA GRADE: Brew different single serve coffee cup sizes at the touch of a button depending on your coffee needs - espresso (1.35 oz.), double espresso (2.7 oz.), gran lungo (5 oz.), coffee (7.7 oz.) and alto (14 oz.)
- COMPLIMENTARY GIFT: Each machine includes a Nespresso Vertuo capsule welcome kit with a range of capsules with unique aroma profiles
bestcoffeemakerreviews2014.com is a participant in the Amazon Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com --- Last update on 2018-10-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API